Spring Weekend Snapshsots

I wish all weekends were like this. No obligations, nothing to keep me from doing whatever I want! Creative juices aren’t flowing for a nice intro so here are some pics from the weekend. I’d say it was very marvelous!

leigha and taylor riding bikes

First bike ride of the season!!! Oh hey Taylor… it’s been awhile!

leigha and taylor riding their bikes

found a kitt

We found a kitty!

Photo4 (81)

Easy run on Saturday – first track meet tomorrow!!

new clothes

shoppin!

kodiak cake waffle topped with blueberry syrup, peanut butter sauce, and bananas

Kodiak Cake made into a waffle topped with blueberry syrup, peanut butter sauce, and bananas

dinner at grandmas - meatballs

dinner at grandma’s – broke my Lent promise again.. oops

falafel at bobaloons

first falafel experience! verdict: YUM. I guess it was my first time having sweet potato fries too!

flooded days river

the river is flooding!

tired poopy

tired boy :)

Let’s not talk about that snow we’re supposed to get tomorrow… ew. At least my track meet is indoors!

What did you do this weekend?!

Have you ever had falafel?

theyoopergirl

Leigha is the founder and writer of The Yooper Girl. She has a passion for living life, eating good food, running long distances, and cats.

More Posts - Website

Twitter

Signature

Comments

1. 3

says

Aww look how cute that kitty is! It always surprises me to see cats that are social with strangers since mine is literally a scardy-cat. She’s SO affectionate, cute, and annoying with our family, but alway hides under the bed when we have guests over.

AHHH I LOVE ALL THE CLOTHES YOU GOT. Everything is so cute and those shorts ar perfect for the upcoming weather :)

• 4

says

I know! Poop (lol) is totally fine with any strangers but Kiki (not yours;) hides from everyone even though she’s so sweet for me!

And thanks! I am SO excited for shorts weather! :)

• 8

says

Thanks Sara! I’m wondering if the track meet will still be on.. it’s a blizzard right now! We might have a snow day tomorrow!

• 12

says

thanks girly! and just to let you know: the waffle wasn’t crispy! maybe because I added banana to the batter? lol!

• 14

says

in case you try it: the waffle wasn’t crispy! maybe because I added banana to the batter? but I like my waffles crispy so it was kind of upsetting lol!

2. 15

says

Props to you for taking a selfie on a bike ride – I would fall! I really miss biking – the trails are just no good for mountain biking right now :( And I can’t meet up with you in Wisconsin this time around … I’m only in town for the weekend :/
    Good luck at your track meet!
    Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run recently posted…Monday Miles #13My Profile

3. 17

says

What a marvelous weekend :)

I hope your meet went well! I have a track meet tomorrow…. Outdoors!! :(
    and right now there is about 2 inches of snow. on the ground. it’s the middle of april. this is unacceptable!
    Emily @smilemilegirl recently posted…April GoalsMy Profile

• 18

says

I know right?! Yesterday we got about 3 more inches! I think it’s safe to say my OUTDOOR meet on Thursday is cancelled!

• 20

says

Thank you! I recently bought a Canon Rebel T3i and a 50 mm 1.8 macro lens. Best purchases I’ve ever made! :)

• 24

says

NOOO, I don’t run 7:35 for an easy run! That was my pace for the last .07 haha :) I don’t know how to get it to show average pace for the whole run!

Now I want to make my own healthy versions! Just because they’re made with chickpea flour and sweet potatoes doesn’t mean they’re healthy.. ;)