Noodles are good fuel for shopping.

Hello everyone!

Yesterday mom and I took a trip down to Appleton for a little spring break getaway. After a quick 5k run for me we headed out! I brought my oatmeal in the car. Still lovin’ the combo of bloobs, pomegranate arils and peanut butter!

oatmeal to go

After I finished my oatmeal I got to drive the whole way down. Yay… Honestly, driving doesn’t even appeal to me. Can I just ride my bike everywhere? ;)

First we went to the mall to use up some gift cards. In fact, just about everything we bought was paid for by a gift card!

shopping stuff

real people clothes // jewelry // workout clothes

We worked up quite an appetite for lunch:

noodles and co

Noodles & Company will always be my favorite place. It was located right next to Starbucks, which I still have never tried.

Pesto Cavatappi

Gone are the days when I would get two regular sized buttered noodles for my meal. This is the Pesto Cavatappi with organic tofu! I was seriously questioning the tofu. It tasted exactly like chicken!

leigha and pasta collage

More shoppin’…

world market

Guys. I am obsessed with this store. Love.

world market finds

Dinner:

pasta and pizza at noodles

Noodles & Company.. again. I couldn’t resist. This is Whole Grain Tuscan Linguine with broccoli, red pepper, onion, mushroom, and sauce! And more tofu because it is delish.

On the way home we stopped at this grocery sore called Aldi. Has anyone ever been there? It’s amazing! It’s basically brand name products with different packaging at a crazy low price.

aldi find collage

All of the pastas were under $2. That’s sun dried tomato pesto on the right and it was $1.29!! We also stopped for some blizzards:

dairy queen blizzards

I didn’t really want a blizzard when we stopped but I got one anyway because who can say no to ice cream? Well, within 10 minutes of finishing mine I felt terrible. Shoulda listened to my body… oh well, life goes on!

We got home at about 9:30 and I.was.beat. I slept well last night!

Are/did you go anywhere for spring break?

Favorite out-of-town restaurant?

theyoopergirl

Leigha is the founder and writer of The Yooper Girl. She has a passion for living life, eating good food, running long distances, and cats.

More Posts - Website

Twitter

Signature

Comments

1. 1

says

I love shopping trip days. :)

Those running shorts are SO CUTE. I’m in love!! I laughed when you said “real people clothes”. I seriously spend half my life in running clothes. No shame.

Aldi is one of my favorite stores ever. Their produce is superduper cheap -Yesterday I got a 29 cent cucumber and strawberries for 1.19-and I love their line of organic stuff- specifically the Oat O’s and the cheese sticks (but those were a limited time item :( and frozen berries.
    Emily @smilemilegirl recently posted…Fabulous FridayMy Profile

• 2

says

I wanted to buy a ton of the cold stuff but we didn’t have a cooler to make it home! I’m so excited to go back there haha!

• 4

says

You’ve never had a Blizzard?! That’s crazy! Please tell me you’ve been to Noodles & Co….
      I can’t believe you’re gonna have to pick a college by this month! Craziness!

2. 5

says

Looks like sooo mucchh fuunn I don’t even know what to mention. The clothes?! Adorable. The pasta?! Fantabulous.

Oh, and I LOVE orange peel!!!!!!! It is so versatile – I put it in my oatmeal, baked goods, and even sprinkled over stir fry. Ah-ma-zing.

My favorite out-of-town restaurant is Rafaeli’s in NYC – friggin’ amazing Italian food. Gah. Pasta.

Have an awesome day!!!!
    Jess @ Story of a Girl recently posted…Feeling Better with SunshineMy Profile

• 6

says

We’ve been wanting to buy orange peel forever! I want to make a bread with it – never thought about adding it to oatmeal!! Rafaeli’s – just looked up their menu haha. YUM! I didn’t know you went to NYC!

Have a fabulous day also :D

3. 7

says

I’ve never tried Noodles before! I’m not a big pasta person I guess. I cannot believe you haven’t tried Starbucks!! GIrl, you’re missing out ;) And you can never go wrong with a blizzard. They’re the best.
    Molly@This Life is Sparkling recently posted…Ice cream dateMy Profile

• 8

says

Starbucks just doesn’t appeal to me because I don’t like coffee! But you’ve got to try Noodles. Gah it’s my favorite!

4. 15

Lucy says

yay ALDI is in ireland i LOVE it so much! it does the best drinks :) xox

Trackbacks