Who remembers “Cooking with Lynn”? Lynn is my step-mom with a serious knack for cooking. Whenever I go to my dad’s house, we always make something delicious (most of the time) for dinner!
We’re back again – with a new recipe!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans
- 1 avocado
- Heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic (chopped) and saute.
- Mix in quinoa and cover with chicken broth. Add cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let sit for 20-25 min.
- Add frozen corn and mix until heated. Add black beans.
- Top with avocado.
- I ate this as a main dish, but it would be great as a side or as the filling in tacos! I think adding some shredded cheese and plain Greek yogurt would be wonderful too!
All of the textures mix so wonderfully!
And what’s a night of cooking without dessert?
Pumpkin bars will always be my favorite.